Friday, February 18, 2022

More snow days





Wednesday evening, before I even got home from driving the bus, I had a text that school would be out on Thursday due to the potential winter storm that was coming in.  Since, at that time, it was literally 60 degrees, and I was driving with my window cracked, enjoying the fresh air, I kind of laughed about it.  Saige, Harper and I went over to our Religion Ed class.  I literally had to carry a boy to his class because he was having a fit, we had one that refused to move from a bench in the back of the church, where I teach my class (the Scranton church is still being built, so the classroom spaces have been created by utilizing the vestibule, kitchen, back of the sanctuary, and the choir loft).  The kids were absolutely bonkers, so I was sure the weather was going to change.  When we came out, the wind was whipping from the north and the temperature had dropped about 40 degrees.  Around 3:30 am, I woke up to Ollie growling at the door in our bedroom.  Not the best feeling in the world, but I soon realized he was growling at the sleet hitting the door.  Sleet turned to snow, and the wind was still whipping creating pretty big drifts.  Jim went to work, but the rest of us stayed home.  Jim said he had to utilize the 4 wheel drive to get to town.  I am glad that I made him buy that Nissan with 4 wheel!  :)  The kids and I had a relaxed day of hanging out.  Landrie spent the night with Quincy, and so I had an extra kid around.  The good news is that Landrie is always happy to eat the foods I cook and is even complimentary.  I made a big pot of chicken tortellini soup.  My kids were less than impressed, but Landrie thought it was great.  Or at least she said she liked it!  :)  Quincy and Landrie never lack for entertainment.  Yesterday, they spent a bunch of time creating a marble racing maze out of all the cardboard they could find.  They were "holding feet" instead of hands.  They were full of randomness.  At one point, they were also facetiming some wrestling kids that Quincy has met this year and including them in their randomness.  At least they weren't asking me for things to do.  :)  
Last night, the district once again called off school for today.  Jim and I both had to work today, and I think it was the right decision, as the roads are not good.  The kids are happy since they already have a scheduled day off on Monday, they get a 5-day weekend.  It is the little things that make them the happiest.  Personally, I am hoping that the 7-8 inches of snow we got will be completely gone by Monday, so I don't have to deal with it next week while driving the bus!  

No comments:

Post a Comment