Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The one where Mallory and Madison turn 26.


These girls of mine, the ones who first made me a mom.  The ones who tricked me into thinking being a mom was easy, because they have always been rule following, compliant, polite, sweet girls, turned 26 today.  I couldn’t be prouder of them.  They are rocking the adult life. They are self-sufficient, smart and independent. Seriously, they are amazing women and I just watch them and smile. I am blessed that they both live close and hang out around here often.  I wouldn’t want it any other way!  
Mallory is living her dream.  In a time where teaching is incredibly difficult, she is such an amazing teacher.  
Madison is working doing what she loves too, feeding people.  And she also keeps up with her family.   
We are very blessed to have them as our daughters!  Love you both so much!  

Other goings on - Saige asked for a basketball goal.  Preston seconded her request.  Daddy is a sucker.  Basketball goal was delivered, Preston and Quincy set it up.  Saige is incredibly happy.  Preston has been “helping” her practice, although I sort of feel like he is taking advantage of her team’s goal height of 8 feet.  I am happy that they are playing outside!   Always good to get some fresh air.  

We had a 4-H meeting Monday.  Harper was on the program, but really wasn’t wanting to give a talk.  Quincy literally said “if you shut up, I will do it for you!”   And she did.   She gave a very good talk about raising meat chickens.  I was pretty proud of her.  Harper can take Quincy’s turn in a couple months.  







https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SDrJWW3gHCUVXUlykdRmvYnQDNs1QWT6
Tonight was league wrestling for the girls.  Jim went to watch.  Quincy’s team took second place, and Quincy took second place in her weight class.  Not too shabby!  I am very proud of these girls.  So much work, practice, time, energy and effort has gone into this.  On to  regionals!   

No comments:

Post a Comment