Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Expensive smile club

Harper hates having her picture taken.  She especially hates it if I try to get her to smile.  But today, I forced the issue because I told her I wanted “before” pictures so I can see the progress that my money is buying!   She humored me.  Sort of.   She told me she was annoyed.   I told her cha Ching - she let me take a couple of pictures.  

She got to pick the style of braces that she wanted.  Got to pick the color for the brackets.  She got the top teeth braces today and will get bottoms next week.  She doesn’t like her teeth currently, and so she was happy to get this started.  She was even chatty about it.   We had to run to Walmart afterward to get her supplies- mouth washes and floss picks.  She also helped me pick out some stuff for Quincy’s wrestling team’s goody bags.  It took a lot longer than I was planning and she wasn’t happy about being out of school for so long.   When you live 30 minutes from town, and gas is over $3 a gallon,  you have to take care of stuff while you’re there.   

I did crack up when we were loading the car and I said “that cost a lot more than I was planning!” Harper retorted “would have been more if you bought all the stuff Evelyn asked for!”   She’s not wrong. 
We got our hotel reserved and tickets purchased for state wrestling next week.  I’m happy that it isn’t this week, as the weather looks like it’s going to get bad again.  I’m actually keeping my fingers crossed that they messed up the forecast!   





No comments:

Post a Comment