Saturday, June 18, 2022

Weekends always welcome here
















Last night, Saige had a game in Lyndon, Harper had a game in Burlingame at the same time.  Jim let me choose which game I wanted to go to.   Since I hate missing the kid’s stuff, and since it is hard to decide, I based my choice on a project Saige and I have been doing this summer (Ranking the league’s concession stands). Lyndon concession stand sells Dr. Pepper.  Burlingame sells Doc.   To Lyndon I went!   
Both teams won last night.  Jim didn’t take pictures (or at least he didn’t share any pictures with me).  Saige’s team fought really hard. She has been in a batting slump, but last night she had 3 at bats and 3 great hits!   She also caught a fly ball and got to pitch for several innings.  She is an awesome pitcher. She doesn’t pitch really hard, but she is incredibly accurate.   I enjoyed watching her.  It was really hot last night with zero breeze.  Her team played well and I was proud of them for their efforts in miserable conditions!   I like summer and never really complain much about the heat, but I was awfully happy to crawl into my a/c last night!  
Preston and Quincy travel home tomorrow.  They are both ready to be back.  They went to a Washington Nationals game last night, and went kayaking on the Potomac this morning. The picture Quincy was sending seem to have dried up, so I am thankful for the updates and pictures from their sponsors!  I’m excited to see them. I have missed them around here!  


This morning Jim and I ran over to watch Evie’s Tball game on our way to pick up more rocks and groceries.  She was hot, the rest of her team was hot, and a lot of kids were crying.  Evie didn’t cry,  but she was the snack bringer, and that was what she was most excited about today.  She got done playing, handed out the snacks and asked to come over to swim.  She was excited to try out her new bikini.  Aunt Mal, Aunt Saige and Aunt Harper indulged her!  It worked out well, lots of people were here when we needed help carrying in groceries!  

Last night, Colin called to tell me he was coming up today. There is a demolition derby in Overbrook today  and he thought he would enter his old trusty derby car.   The car has been in 2 previous derbies, and nobody has touched it for 2 years.  Maybe longer.  I shrugged.  Once he decides something, he will do it.  I told him if he got it running, I would come watch.  Now I  going to add that he was having a hard time getting the car going.  He called Andrew.  Andrew came right over to help him.  It makes me so happy.  It makes me happy that they have adopted Andrew as one of the tribe, and that Andrew is so willing to drop what he was doing and help them. They really are brothers.  If you look in the above photo, you will see Andrew inside the car doing something to the fuel pump.     They failed to get the car running today, but have plans to work on it for an upcoming derby. Boys always gotta have a plan.  Cameron was with Colin today so it was good to have them all around.  They all went to watch the derby, but since Colin wasn’t driving, we opted to stay home this time, although I do love a derby!   

I am excited to have a 3 day weekend.  I need to look up the actual meaning of Juneteenth, so I can know why I was suddenly given an extra day off!   I know the jist, but I want to know how to celebrate properly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment