Wednesday, June 15, 2022

More stuff











From my travelers - they have done monument tours, changing of the guard and Arlington Cemetery, toured Capitol Hill, met with Senator Marshall, and went to the National Zoo.  Tonight they attended the Twilight Tattoo.  My older kids all loved this.   Preston said he felt like it was an indoctrination, and Quincy said it was ok, but lasted too long.  Both kids say they are having an amazing time.  Quincy said she’s about ready to come home.  Quincy is my kid.  No matter where we travel, we are always ready to come back home - about 3-4 days is long enough.  She’s having fun though!   One thing I want to research, they took a walking tour of the Lincoln Assassination.  I wanted to see what that was made up of.  Sounds interesting to me.  

The ball season disruptions continue.  Saige had a game scheduled tonight.  We ate dinner early and checked their group chat because the weather guy was saying pop up storms possible.  We took off.  As we were driving, the sky kept getting darker and darker.  Then it opened up and dumped rain.  We pulled in the parking lot just as we got the text saying the game was postponed.   I’m not one who gets upset over such thing, so we turned around and came home.  

Jim and I are working on a project to place rock in front of the house.  I believe the area between our front porch and our driveway is supposed to be a flower bed, but I cannot keep anything alive in that area.  We decided to give up and just put down rocks.  The thing is, I didn’t want gravel, and I hate that white landscaping rock that you see everywhere.  I wanted river rocks.  The round ones.  I found it, but wasn’t expecting the price to be so high.  It’s rock for goodness sake! I bought some river gravel and a few bags of the round rocks I wanted to sort of mix together.  Saige had a good idea that she wanted to paint some of the rocks bright colors to make it more cheerful.  After a stop at Michael’s, we got to work on that part of the project while it was raining tonight.  After they are dry, we will varnish and place them.  I’m excited to see how it turns out!  

Harper painted a couple too!  
Overall, summer is going really well.  Are things perfect?  Nope.  Is the house clean?  The lawn perfectly manicured?  Absolutely not.  But I spent an hour swimming with the girls and Evelyn, visiting with Madison.   We had an amazing dinner.  We did crafts.  I don’t know what isn’t to like about summer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment