Saturday, June 11, 2022

Levels of readiness










Harper and Quincy both had home games last night.  Mallory, Andrew, Madison and Evie came to watch and eat ballpark dinner.   Honesty, Carbondale has a great concession stand.  It is both cheap, and has a great variety.  Saige and I have been rating the league’s concession stands.  Carbondale is in first place so far.  If you’re going to spend your summer at the ballpark, this is an important part of the equation.   
Evelyn kept us entertained by trying all of the different choices, and making faces when we asked her for pictures.   Part of her charm is being stinkin ornery.  

Evie was back at the ball park this morning for a Tball game!  She seemed to have a lot of fun!   We laughed because her helmet is as big as she is.   We enjoyed watching her play!   

This evening brought severe storms. A tornado hit Manhattan as I was having dinner with some friends.   I texted Cameron, and was relieved that he was spending the weekend in KC with Lauren.   
Preston and Quincy leave tomorrow morning at 4 am for their CWF trip.  I begged them to start packing days ago. They didn’t.   I took them shopping for supplies days ago.  The supplies sat on the dining room table. I begged them to look over their packing lists.  Nope.   Now, admittedly I have a little touch of OCD.  When I go places, I make lists, and at least have piles.  Not them.  Preston came home around 8 from work.  He shrugged at me when I asked if he was packed.  I panicked a little, but at least he left me some laundry to wash, which I did, so I know his stuff is clean. Quincy got home at 10:15 from work.  She is now washing clothes, asking me if this outfit is business casual or not, looking for her shorts that she used to have, saying she doesn’t know what happened to all her shirts (they are on her bedroom floor) and asking me why we can’t just run over to grandma’s house for a different suitcase (because it is 11 pm and although grandma loves you, she doesn’t love you that much).  She’s asking me to fold her clothes nicely.  It is a train wreck.  I should have intervened days ago.   If you see pictures on Facebook and they are wearing the same outfits over and over, you will know that packing 4 hours before you leave isn’t the best idea.  I’m trying to take deep breaths and thinking “if they are older enough to send on the trip, they are old enough to pack for the trip.”    

No comments:

Post a Comment