Monday, June 13, 2022

Lil travel updates and ball

















I am getting a few little snippets from my travelers. Overall, I don’t want to hear from them.  I want them to go and look, listen and learn stuff.  Take it in, and stay off their phones.  
(Except to take some pictures of course!). Quincy did send me a few pictures, Preston sent me one I wish I hadn’t seen, and the sponsors posted a few on Facebook and the parent group chat.   Quincy told me that she actually really likes DC, and is having a lot of fun.  Preston hasn’t really said much at all.   The photos seem like they are covering all the expected landmarks and monuments.   

On the home front, summer ball.  We live to hop to the next ballpark this time of year!   We have also squeezed in a trip to the farmers market, some pool time, and ice cream from sonic. I had to laugh at Evelyn today.  Last summer, we would put her in her puddle jumper and she would swim all around our pool on her own.  This summer, she has all but refused to get in, when she was in, would fearfully cling to whoever was in the pool with her, and told me she doesn’t like swimming.  Until today.  Madison and I got in the pool with her.  After about 10 minutes, she remembered that she can swim.   She was all about us leaving her alone so she could swim on her own!   I’m so glad she remembered she can do it!   She never forgot that after you swim, you get popsicles!   Some things  are worth remembering!   

No comments:

Post a Comment