Thursday, June 9, 2022

Summer














Days are longer, bedtime is later, skin is sun kissed, we run nonstop, my gas bill is higher (and with the current cost of gas I do mean higher), and for whatever reason, summer makes me inherently happier.  Do I have seasonal affective disorder?  No.  I don’t.   But I do hate the cold, and my mood is happier when I can sit in the sun for a few hours a day.  

Ball season continues, even with the weather being so wet and rainy.  We have had more rain outs, postponed games, and schedule changes than I would care for, but it has also been nice and cool in the evenings, nobody complaining about the heat, and everyone enjoying the season.  
We are struggling to get the pool water balanced and   clear.  I’m sure I followed the same steps as last year, but we aren’t there yet.  In fairness, I can’t remember what I did yesterday, so the time it took me last year might not be adequately recalled. The water has enough chlorine to kill anything that might have been growing, so I let the kids get in even though it isn’t perfect yet.   I’ll keep working, filtering and shocking.  I’m sure eventually I’ll get there.   And if not, cloudy swimming will be enjoyed because it’s summer, and nothing will stop us from swimming!  

No comments:

Post a Comment