Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thursday blursday












Today was a hot mess of I’m not even sure what. We had no ballgames, which should have meant that we accomplished more.  We didn’t.  It is pretty warm, so working outside is slow, mowing isn’t happening because the mower is acting weird again, and the only thing that the girls want to do is swim if we are outside. 
The travelers - I heard very little from them today.  I know they took a tour of the Capitol and met with Senator Moran.  They also went to the National Gallery of Art, which Quincy hated.  She told me she would rather mow, or go to work. Or do anything else really.  Preston said he liked seeing some of the art.   I think they are wrapping up the CWF portion of their trip, and will stay in DC for a couple more days just as tourists. 

Cameron was proud that he was selected to pick the word of the day.  He is working the month of June giving campus tours at KSU during the day and working nights at Texas Roadhouse.  His time in Manhattan is drawing to a close.   He and I talked a little bit about next time he gets to pick a word, maybe he could do something a little more challenging.  The boy does make me laugh. 

Heard a little from Colin and Spencer this week as well.  Spencer sent me these pictures.  I was told that Colin bought this yellow car, but I am unclear on if he bought a car, or was messing with me!  If he did buy it, I’m sure it is because he secretly wants to be a bus driver!  

Sometimes this child really makes me smile.  Today, she was pretending that all of her animals were sick. I was working, and was a little distracted, but she asked me to be their vet.  I looked at them and told her they all needed a drink of whiskey and a nap.  She said ok Grammy - AND they need an ice pack!   Next thing I know, she’s telling them all she would sleep with them and was putting her ice pack from her doctor kit on herself.  She is so smart.  

I told her she could paint a rock for the rock garden.  She did not forget!   She had a hard time finishing her lunch- she was ready to paint!  

I bought the rock I wanted, the girls and I painted some of them to add a bit of cheer.  I love how it is looking, but I definitely did not buy enough rocks!   Saige has taken great pride in creating art for this project.  She painted about 30 rocks!  We varnished them this evening and she had fun packing them around.  We will need to rearrange after we buy more rocks, but I like the little pops of color. 

We have also been living in the pool.  Last summer, I had surgery, and couldn’t swim for most of the summer.  I am thankful that I am all healed up and can get in with the kids this year! We are still working on water clarity, but every day gets a little better!   
We also planted some more tomato plants that a lady was clearing out, and Mallory bought us some more peppers and jalapeños when she was in town today.   Keeping everything watered is a chore, but I hope we will get enough to make some salsa and spaghetti sauce.  I wish that I could plant stuff where we backflash the pool, since we are wasting that water, but I fear the chlorine levels from that water would kill my plants!    Saige is trying her hand at growing watermelon and cantaloupe.  Every time I flush the pool I think about how much water those plants need.  Maybe some research on what other people do - surely there is someone on you tube with a solution to this problem.  
And with all that randomness, I think it’s time for bed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment