Friday, May 3, 2024

Happiness

What is happiness?  Well, I must be a true nerd, because to me, a few bags of worms are true happiness!  We have had a worm farm in our basement for a while now.  They were just either worms that Jim had left over from fishing trips, or worms that I picked up on a clearance sale at the pet store.  They have had a few babies, and they are amazing at composting some of the kitchen waste, and I occasionally throw a few to the bearded dragon.  This week, my Jim pointed out that Uncle Jim's worm farm was having a sale.  He seemed to be encouraging me to spend money, and I hate to turn down a man wanting to spend money!  Especially when the money spent will give me more chores to do!  :)
They had red wigglers on sale - they were basically giving them away.  I bought 500.  They also had meal worms on sale buy 1000 get 500 free.  They were FREE!  I had a meal worm set up for a few years, but somehow lost my cycle and ended up having to give up on it.  And so, I started over on my meal worm farming, and we added a few to our earth worm farm.  We add in some rabbit manure, some kitchen scraps, and we end up with the best compost, not to mention food for the dragon, chickens, fish, and Jim's fishing trips!  It really is a win win!  





True happiness!



Lauren is spending this weekend in NOLA on a girl's trip.  Cameron, left unsupervised is always entertaining.  This time, he decided to take a cake decorating class.  He said it was fun!  I told him I am expecting big things on my birthday this year!  

 









Saige and Harper had the all bands concert last night.  They start with the 5th grade band, and work their way through all the grades until they get to the high school bands.  They serve dinner, and you can stay as long as you like.  The bands sounded good.  I had an unfortunate tripping session this week, and pulled my hamstring again, so sitting in the chairs, and working with the band boosters was not going well, so we just watched our 2 girls and then skipped out early.  Saige's band was impressive, especially when you consider they have only been playing 2 years.  Harper's band was absolutely amazing!  They played fun stuff, and we really enjoyed listening to them.  It was a fun night.  


Evelyn spotted a food truck in town.  She insisted that was dinner, so they got her some corn dogs on the way to her first ball practice!  Wrenley apparently loves all food, and wasn't too excited that her sister wasn't sharing!  Wrenley turned 10 months old yesterday.....isn't life weird?  I swear that time skips forward when I am not looking or something!  We love these girls!  





No comments:

Post a Comment