Sunday, April 25, 2010

Going back to work never sounded so nice!


We officially survived the weekend! I am looking forward to work in the morning so I can sit down for a couple of hours!
Uncle Jay was up from Kentucky to take the boys to the spring game at KSU. This was the first time that they allowed Preston to go along. Never in my life have I seen any kid look forward to anything like Preston looked forward to getting to be one of the guys. He had a countdown going for days - and I am telling you it was in hours! They had a really, really great time. I wish I had taken a photo of all of them all decked out in their purple - but I was in between prom hair for the neighbor and the 4-H garage sale and just didn't think about it.


I did take a photo of Harper with her Godfather, Uncle Jay, but the photo did not turn out - Jay had his eyes closed and Harper looked like she was going poo - so I will try again in June! (You are welcome Jay for not posting that!)
We did skip the 4-H swimming party this afternoon. We just hadn't had any time at home lately. I am taking a crash course in mudding and taping sheetrock and I think it looks pretty good even if it sounds like I am bragging - but I should probably not say anything until it finishes drying! We are getting pretty close to being able to start sanding and painting I think. I so want to finish this project just for the sake of getting things put away...a lot of the stuff that had been in the basement and the kids rooms has been misplaced into my living areas and it is feeling a bit overwhelming at this point! Jim, Colin and Cam have worked very hard though, so I am not complaining at all. I am starting to want to push it forward though because I know once summer break hits it will be hard to find the time to get it done. Speaking of summer - school really needs to let out because we are getting to that time of the year where the kids are so over it, and now school is just getting in the way of all the activities. I know it sounds awful from a parent, but it is honest.

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast Saturday night! Wish we had video of Cam's flip into the end zone!

    Yes, thank you for not posting the pic! LOL

    ReplyDelete