Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thumbs down for this week so far




This week has been a vicious one. Harper is very sick with bronchitis. She has been coughing until she throws up and she pretty much wants to lay on my chest and not move.
Our pediatrician put her on some breathing treatments, but so far I don't think she seems much better. Colin, Preston and Quincy have the same thing but not as severe. And now Colin is breaking out with poison ivy (which I have no idea where he picked that up at). This comes during a week when I had quarterly board meeting, and am being tax compliance checked by the IRS at work. To add to my misery, the washer which has been on its last leg finally gave out today, so I had to go do a couple of loads of towels at the laundromat so we could take showers before the girl's band concert. I will mention here that of all the things I occasionally have to do, I hate the laundromat the most - like I really want to drag my granny panties across town and put them into a washer which other people use to clean kid puke off their area rugs etc. I just don't like it...at all! So yes, I have seen happier weeks and I have been in better moods before! The girl's band had their spring concert tonight. They played great! I am once again blown away by how good they are! Of course, Quincy is now grounded because she wouldn't stop licking me and Harper during the concert. (Yes I said licking - such a delightful child). I am also considering pulling Cam out of school and just letting him gamble full time. This kid's school had a little guessing game on the national champion for NCAA basketball - Cam was the only one who guessed Duke - he won some fabulous candy and soda from the school principal...he was really excited! He also won my uncle's bracket pick-em pool - schooling all my cousins and uncles in how to pick teams! I think it is a bit scary that he is able to pick these things so well....at least he will have gambling to fall back on if the priesthood doesn't work out for him!! I am now trying to decide if I should just crawl into bed and stay there for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment