Monday, April 19, 2010

Harper is no longer the baby of the family!


Welcome to 4-H hogs 2010! Colin got a Spot -(the black hog). Cam got a blue butt (yes that is the technical name for it) - white hog with the dark rear end - he is naming his hog "Barack OBacon.
Mallory got a York - which is the solid white hog. Madison is getting a Duroc, but he is having a small medical issue and won't be delivered for a few more days!

You might notice Quincy "Princess of the pigs" in the pen - a lot. I had to drag her away tonight - she has already claimed Cam's little hog as her own! I think we are going to purchase a hog with a bum leg for her and Preston to raise. We won't be telling her that he will be in the freezer at the end of the summer...when we were picking Godmothers for Q we hit the nail on the head - this girl will make Grace so proud - I kept smiling to myself about that as I watched my daughter hugging and scratching pigs and claiming them for herself!




















1 comment: