Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Later that day - -


I did everything I could possibly do to keep Quincy 'quiet' today. I do mean everything-movies, TV, Popsicles, sitting outside quietly on her blanket in the yard, grandma showed up with coloring books and new crayons, we tried reading stories, I tried letting her help me bake some cookies. By 4:30 this afternoon I was out of tricks, and finally decided when Bev (our next door neighbor) showed up with a ride-on Harley Davidson motorcycle that was left from her grand kids it was completely, and totally pointless to try to contain this little wild woman any more! Surely if she feels good enough to be up running, she is well enough?


My heart was really touched today too, when Mallory and Madison's friend showed up with a stuffed giraffe for Quincy. This friend is really one of the sweetest, gentlest kids I have ever met. She was so worried about Quincy! Of course when she got here and Q was running all over like a mad maniac, she was less worried, and happy to know that she came through everything just fine!
Also, for today - Preston got in trouble at preschool. He wasn't following the rules and had to be told several times. Nothing too major, but when we were trying to talk to him about it, he looked at us and said "I am just a little kid, I am not in control of my behavior yet." Wow! How could we not have realized this?
Money making idea - helping the neighbor kids locate their missing turtle - ooops I mean tortoise. Apparently the youngest one was trying to fashion some sort of a leash for him and before he could perfect it, the turtle escaped. Colin and Cameron were over there from the time they got home from their religion ed class until I forced them to come in because it was too dark to see. They are planning to get up early to go back before school and look some more....the youngest brother was in so much trouble by his older brothers for losing the turtle he has offered a $35 reward for its safe return!! That is an enormous amount of money on the line - Cam is pretty sure he will find the turtle in the morning!
And in case anyone was still questioning it, spring is officially here. I know because tonight my phone rang off the hook and my calendar is now full of baseball, softball, and t-ball practice schedules. Quincy is getting in on her first year of action. She has her cletes all laid out, and can't wait to get her t-ball shirt! She has been waiting for this moment for 3 whole years now!

No comments:

Post a Comment