Thursday, April 29, 2010

Orientation


Tomorrow is orientation day at the schools. Cameron will be taken to Carbondale where he will attend 5th grade next year, Colin will be shown around the Jr. High section of the school. Preston goes to "discover Kindergarten" day, and perhaps most scary and hard to believe - my girls are going to roam the halls of the high school. Not sure I am ready, but they all are so I guess I better get in, buckle up, shut up and hang on!


Holding discover kindergarten day in April is a fairly cruel thing to do to a 5 year old. Preston thinks he starts kindergarten tomorrow - and is so very excited. I have tried to explain to him that he will just go for 2 hours and then he has to wait until the end of August to start going every day. He still has a few weeks left with Ms. Becky and then summer break to go through. Four months is a very, very long time when you are 5 years old! I would think it would be nicer if they held this day in early August.
Mallory and Madison both got sun burnt at the track meet today! They said they remembered their sunscreen, but it sure didn't look like it worked very well! They had fun. Colin is doing summer wrestling. He says that the free style is a lot of fun and he is learning a lot of cool new moves which he can't wait to try out. We are also in full baseball mode here. Cameron's age group had enough kids sign up that they ended up needing to split the team in half. Jim is going to be the assistant coach. I think he will be a very good coach - he is a very patient man (otherwise he wouldn't still be married to me!!). He has a real passion for baseball and he wants the kids to understand it and to have fun. It should be a good season! Since I am throwing out randomness here, Madison's pig has seen the vet, and his minor medical problem seems to be ok (he had an infection in his castration sight). I think he will be delivered sometime next week. She is excited. Colin once again has the largest pig, and I believe we will be putting him in his own pen in the next few days just so he can be hand fed and not get too enormous the way Colin's pigs always turn out! Quincy loves them all - and we are definitely getting our money's worth out of her bathwater! I should video her rolling around with the pigs and talking to them - it is pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment