Thursday, August 5, 2010

the countdown

Crazy close-ups by Madison.


We are down to 6 days until the county fair. Barack O'bacon is a bitter disappointment. Cam is sad but understands that sometimes farming just sucks. We have been having a vast array of trial runs with recipes, most of which are good....some of which are sort of strange. I am thinking that we need to spend the weekend super cleaning house because I know that the county fair is not kind to houses or laundry.


Cameron and Madison put a ton of apples in the freezer, and last night Mallory and I tried canning applesauce. I was proud that all of our jars sealed, but I was a little bit disappointed in the quality of our work....lets just say it is a bit on the chunky side. We are going to make apple butter today, but I am torn between canning and just freezing it. I do have a crock pot recipe for applebutter, so it is easy and can be left while I do other things!


Colin is sad that his cousins went back to their mom's house. He has been having a ton of fun with them and Cam was glad they were around because that got Colin off his back for running everywhere - I swear that boy never wants to stay home.
School enrollment is next week. The papers all all filled out and ready to go. The kids are not ready to go, and neither am I. The next twenty six days will fly by before we know what hit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment