Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rednecks?













If you spend your Sunday evening teaching pigs to walk, and follow that up by entertaining your children with a sprinkler and a trampoline, you might be rednecks.
We really did have a great weekend around here! We accomplished several projects, started several others, and figured out how to fix the chimney which has been an eyesore for a while now! We did not even attempt to start on county fair projects, and since I have always worked best under pressure, I am feeling strangely ok about it. We still have 10 days after all!
This morning after mass, my friend Nanette asked me if I would like some apples. I told her I would love some. This afternoon she and her husband showed up here at our house with 2 bushels. I guess we will be spending the next few days putting apples in the freezer and making apple butter (Colin has been really begging to do that again). Quincy and Preston ate enough apples that I am shocked they didn't have upset stomachs, but it was nice to see Preston eat fruit so I let him go for it!
Preston and Quincy lost their TV privileges today for fighting. I was outside observing Jim's chimney work and when I came back inside I found them both watching TV with Cam. So I reminded them that they were grounded for the day. Quincy looked at me and said "Mom, its 'Shark Week' so I ungrounded us."

No comments:

Post a Comment