Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fall stuff


I can tell that fall is officially here. Not by the weather, but by the fact that my house is now full of football equipment. Cameron is really excited about playing Charger Youth Football. He had his first practice tonight. He said it was really, really fun! Colin started Jr. High football practices on Monday. He is having fun too, and he is glad that he spent all his time this summer going to weights, summer wrestling, riding bikes, chasing pigs in the heat, and swimming so he is not the kid who is unable to run, run, run, run and run at practice! They had to run extra today because one of his team mates already lost his pads or uniform or something!
Quincy had her preschool open house tonight as well. She got up this morning and started asking what time we were leaving....no, I haven't learned to NOT tell the kids what we are doing until right before walking out the door! When I got home from work, I had to run to the bank and she started to cry because she thought I was going to open house without her! She had a great time at the open house. She starts back on Monday, and left tonight jumping up and down and talking on and on about how she couldn't wait! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. I took some photos with my cell phone, but Madison and I could not get them to send. I have given up for now!
Yesterday, I spent the whole day in Topeka. Quincy has another ear infection. I was a little disappointed, but our doctor insured me that the tubes were in place, and draining the infection, just the way they are supposed to. I was hoping antibiotics were a thing of the past. We then purchased all of the back to school supplies. Well, except for a couple of pairs of shoes for Colin and Cam, and the girls want to go spend their babysitting money on some new clothes. If school were starting tomorrow, we would be mostly ready though. I feel a little bit mean because Preston is so excited and I won' t let him play with his new stuff. I had a vision of it being drug all over the house, and, frankly, I just can't face another trip to the school supply aisle! Soon enough he will have access! When we were waiting in line yesterday, Quincy was getting a little antsy. She looked at me and said "can they hurry up, we have been here for eleventy-four minutes already."
Tomorrow I am planning to make salsa and jalapeno jelly. We have had a nice harvest from our garden (aka weed patch). Luckily, Cam has been more than willing to go digging in the weeds looking for the vegetables! I am glad that we put the garden in, but every time I do this I swear it will not turn into a weed patch, and it always does. I am not a gardener I guess! Perhaps the weeds created a bit of shade from the blistering heat last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment