Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3rd game/first loss

Colin's team played tonight. They lost 0-6 to Washburn Rural. They played hard, but they just didn't move the ball. I am still a little confused as to why they played WR, as they are not in our league, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Colin was not overly devastated. He has not been feeling great the past couple of days - I think its allergies or an oncoming cold. He still played for quite a bit of the game, and made some great plays. Yesterday he told me he had a headache all day. I asked him why he didn't go to the nurse and ask for an Advil, he said he did, but she gave him a cough drop. My guess is that she got her training at LaFene Health Center in Manhattan!

This is homecoming week at SFT. Of course that means spirit week. Today was "Floatie Day" so Madison went off to school in some arm floaties. When we dropped the kids off to catch their buses, there were some other kids with water wings, rings etc. Quincy was totally ticked that they were getting to go swimming. That conversation consumed at least 2 hours of my morning! Tomorrow is 70's flashback day - here's hoping that I don't have to explain that one to her!

Of course I had to follow up the floatie conversation with answering questions about why we didn't have to go to do pig chores tonight. We are no longer in the pig raising business for this year. Quincy already misses Frank, and I think Cam was feeling a little sad about Barack O'bacon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment