Thursday, September 23, 2010

Drowned Rats

Colin had a football game tonight. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not. After watching the weather at noon, and having them say that it was going to be light showers, "heavy sprinkles really" all afternoon and then develop into moderate to heavy showers after 10 pm, I decided I should not miss out on Colin playing football. Smartly, I bought Quincy a new umbrella on the way. What I failed to know was that I would have a severe disagreement with Drew the weather stud over what constitutes a light shower or a heavy sprinkle...to me sheets of driving rain - can not be called a sprinkle. I had an umbrella, an umbrella should work really well in light showers. I was ok for the first quarter, and then my umbrella started leaking. LEAKING. I toughed it out until I realized that Harper was getting wet too - and I looked at the score board and realized how ugly that was, so I waited most of the 3rd quarter and the whole 4th quarter out in the van with the little girls. The umbrella I purchased for Quincy - waste of money - she was dancing all around with her little friends - spinning the umbrella around in front of her - she was drenched. The poncho I bought thinking about Jim or possibly Quincy - also a waste of money - and really a poncho from the Dollar General is nothing more than an expensive trash bag! It made a home in Jim's jean pocket and stayed there. We were all drenched. It was a wretched night at the ball field! Colin was disappointed - it is never easy to come out on the losing end. It was a tough night for the players and the parents!

Cam's StuCo poster is finished. He is pleased. I am not sure why he used so much glue, but he did the work, so he will be able to claim the credit. The idea is cute!
Mallory started painting her room tonight. I am not sure that the color in this photo is exactly the shade that the room is...this seems a bit darker. I am not sure why, but you can get an idea.

1 comment: