Saturday, September 4, 2010

Standing.....

Harper has started pulling up. She does a fine job getting onto her feet, but getting back down...well that is going to take a little bit more work! I foresee a few bruised foreheads in her immediate future!
And today I discovered that you can use pent up 4 year old energy for housecleaning purposes! Quincy not only helped with the laundry, but she actually did a decent job of mopping the floor. So there was a little more water used than what we would normally, it still smelled clean and looks marvelous!
A few days ago Mallory and I made some jalapeno jelly, (Jim loves the stuff). The batch we made tasted ok, but there was no heat to it at all. It was pretty, but really, tasted like fruit jelly rather than jalapeno. The people who take on every odd job in town, including cleaning city hall, gave Jim some sort of little peppers and some jalapenos. I made a new batch today. This stuff has the kick I was looking for, plus a little! I scratched my eye a couple hours later and set my eyelid on fire!
The rest of our long weekend is looking fairly laid back. Maybe I shouldn't type that, as these things have a way of coming back to haunt me. Jim and Cam are going to a draft party on Monday. Cam loves that stuff - he is like a walking fact encyclopedia. Cam also kind of cracked me up today because he grilled us the most amazing brats....as he was eating them, he told me if his career in the NBA doesn't work out, he is going to try to become a famous grill chef and be on one of those pit masters shows. He is torn between trying to master steak or brats! I am telling ya, this boy has a good hand with the grill. Maybe it is his love of playing with fire, but he really has a knack for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment