Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Newfound fame??




Today, Jim was invited to the local news station, along with the Rotary club representative to speak about the upcoming fishing derby here in town. Jim thought it would be nice if, since it is a kids' fishing derby, he had some kids with him. Because I am a dork, and addicted to blogging about our little life, I took photos of our tv after I made the girls DVR the news! I am so glad I made the girls DVR this, because it is funny! I was in a room where there were 3 camera angles and I could not tell what they were putting on the news for sure! The girls called me right when the blip was over - they were laughing hysterically! Jim did a great job of speaking about the fishing derby, the Rotary guy did a great job of speaking about the derby and giving some forgotten details. I now have some reasons to NOT put your children on a live TV segment:
1. They can see themselves in the TV monitors, so they make faces into the cameras, including sticking out their tongues, and waving frantically.
2. They flash the "L for Loser" sign above their father's head.
3. They ask questions while live on the air.
I am NEVER deleting this little blip - I will be using it to embarrass my children for years to come!
To their credit, they did NOT say anything to mortify us, or to make us need to go into protective custody! To Jim's credit, he did a great job of speaking and staying on task while trying to contain Quincy who was extremely excited with herself!
I am pretty sure that channel 13 will be calling us any minute asking for them to make regular appearances!

No comments:

Post a Comment