Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sent home


Four kids stayed home from school with the creeping crud yesterday. Today I was excited that they were better and could all go back. Right after I walked in the door from work, however, the school nurse called and requested I come get Preston. He was running a fever. It must have taken me all of 5 minutes to go to the school to pick him up, yet when I walked in he said "what took you so long, I am really, really sick!" Since they sent him home today with a fever, he cannot go back tomorrow. He was fairly upset about this - indignant actually....what if he gets better overnight? I told him he would still have to stay home with me. I guess I am just not all that much fun?


On the good news front, the electrician was here today and finished with the work in Mallory's new room. She had to get a little dose of reality - I cannot mud/tape, paint the walls and floor, finish the closet and have her moved in by Friday. But we are moving on it! She took Harper on a very long walk this evening while I mudded and taped most of the room. I have one corner that I couldn't tackle until I get some more supplies, but it is looking pretty good. The new lighting really brightened up the room and I am getting excited about getting Quincy and Harper settled into her old room. Believe me, I am needing some major organization to take place, so I am as anxious as the kids are!
My landlord at work got a little lesson on which days are the best ones to come in to do maintenance. Quincy "helped" him today. He was very patient with her, but I am thinking that from now on, he may try to come in on days when she is at preschool! She must have broken some sort of a world record on question asking! In her favor, the questions were fairly intelligent, I heard her ask him if he bought his supplies at Lowe's or at Home Depot. I guess all the basement finishing has given her an opportunity to do some comparison shopping!
Colin's club wrestling team is having a 5K run for a fundraiser. Colin and Cam are both going to try it. They are planning to start "training" tomorrow. This could be interesting! I got asked to man a check-in/water stand in our yard as it is the 1/2 way point. I figured that this is the ONLY way I will be participating!! I took the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment