Saturday, March 3, 2012

At the park

Thursday was such a beautiful day, we decided to spend the afternoon at the park. Saige did not really like the wind blowing in her face, and we didn't end up staying as long as we would have liked to! Colin insisted that I should not put Saige in this coat, he says she looks like a garden gnome! He said some other things too, but we will ignore those!


I couldn't help but notice, as my kids have gotten older, that the dynamics of a trip to the park have changed drastically....now that they can read, they spend some of their time reading the graffiti, and trying to convince me that it says "I love Colin" -- it really looked more to me like "I love Josh" but Colin gets some credit for trying I guess!



It is no longer acceptable to try to get across the monkey bars, we must have a chin-up contest. I refused to participate, therefore I lost by default!


I also refused the request to play 'chicken' - Cameron should have refused too, as he ended up on the wrong end of a foot to the chest. Only one round was played before I decided they are too rough for these kinds of games!

The good news, Harper is getting braver! She no longer requires someone to carry her onto the slides, and she got brave enough to actually touch one! She did not go down it!


Quincy didn't master a chin-up, but she did a very nice job of hanging for a really, really long time!

I am thankful for the beautiful day, but admit to being a little sad about the snow that flew on Friday....gotta love that Kansas weather! I have spring fever, but am very happy that I chose going to the park over planting stuff in the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment