Tuesday, March 20, 2012

spring break 2012

Its officially spring break here. The kids are excited to have a little down time!


My little travelers returned from New York. This is the only picture of them together that I saw, so I had to use it! They both said they had a good time. They both took tons of photos. I had to laugh at how different the photos are. Mallory took tons of pictures of everything.....the buildings, the landmarks, the airplane, made an effort to get photos of St. Patrick's Cathedral, because she knew I want to go there someday etc. Madison took photos of a prostitute, some homeless men, a guy with hot pink lipstick, and tons of funny signs including Butts Real Estate! By looking at the photos, I would not have guessed they went on the same trip! I am very happy that they had a safe trip, and that they had a good time. Their band got a silver -- which is very awesome! Both girls also reported that street vendor hot dogs can, in fact, change your life!!
On Monday, we went to Augusta to see my grandma, and I went into Wichita to see my friend Grace. I somehow failed miserably with the camera, though. I took the camera because I really wanted a photo of my grandma with Saige, and I thought it would be fun to have a photo of Grace holding Saige Grace. The only photo I took all day was of Saige with my cousin's baby. I don't know what I was doing, but it certainly was not being a good event photographer! It was fun to see everyone, and I know Quincy really enjoyed seeing my cousin's little girl....and they played really well together for the afternoon! I had a great time visiting with Grace too, and am still not processing how big her boys have gotten! It may be a while before I make that journey again, because little Miss Saige did not enjoy the ride at all. She cried halfway down, and most of the way back. The only time she quit crying on the way home was when we stopped at McDonalds, and when Madison jingled her keys above her head. I really cannot tell if it is more annoying to listen to a baby cry, or jingling keys!

Sunday night, Jim and the boys went out to burn off our pasture. The fire got a little out of hand, and we ended up calling the fire department. We now know that the fire department can get to us in 4 minutes when we move to the country! I thought Mallory was taking pictures, but she wasn't. I am pretty sure Jim is ok with not documenting the fire trucks putting out his handiwork!

It would seem to me that we have had enough excitement for spring break, so we are spending the rest of the break cleaning house, painting the downstairs bathroom and sorting junk for city wide garage sale day. It is not going to be much fun, but it all has to be done, and doing it when we are all home is going to be important!! I am hoping to get a real estate agent in here next week.....first week of April at the very latest. We shall see!




No comments:

Post a Comment