Thursday, March 15, 2012

NY Band Trip 2012

Madison and Mallory left before bright and early this morning on their band trip to New York. Notice the clock? That is the correct time - and it was AM! I am thankful that grandma was driving the bus to the airport and was kind enough to stop and pick them up on the way to the high school - I got up long enough to remind them of their manners, make sure they had their money, and kiss them goodbye! That is definitely not a time of the day that I function very well!! Jim somehow managed to get up, make some wise cracks and kiss them goodbye - apparently he functions better than I do at that hour - although I never knew this until now!


The girls already texted me to say that their plane made it, that the cost of eating fast food was a little more expensive than they thought it would be, and that they already encountered someone digging in the trash for lunch. At this point, I am wondering how our parents sent us off into the world on trips like this without the convenience of texting?


Oh and yes, I did really take their photo as they were getting ready to go - at 4 AM. They were not thrilled with the idea, but its amazing what handing out spending money will get for you from teenaged girls! Mom of the year -right here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment