Saturday, March 31, 2012

Now we know its spring

We know its spring because the baby is getting so big, she found her feet! She also has started trying to sit up on her own, and has started stiffening her body because she doesn't really like her car seat!
Spring means high school softball. Mallory had her first game last night in Eudora. It was a double header. Mallory started the first game at 2nd base and played the entire second game at shortstop. I have never seen her play shortstop before, but she did a great job! Her team did not win either game, but it was really nice weather for sitting outside! She had several great at bats too! Jim is in heaven, he loves base/softball! I tried to convince Madison she should go ahead and join the team, but she said it was fun to hang out with me. (No really, she totally did).

We also found ourselves at a pig auction today, to get our 4-H hog project off and rolling. I wasn't sure if we would be sitting outside, so I found Saige a sunhat.


Jim stayed home with Harper and Quincy, and they attended the annual Easter egg hunt at the nursing home up the street. Harper didn't understand why if Saige needed a sun hat, she didn't need one also!

Turns out, we were not sitting outside at the pig auction. Saige was a very good girl and kept us all entertained between pigs!

I can no longer say that I have been to hundreds of auctions and never bid. Today, I did a little bidding, and even managed to get Mallory the Yorkshire she wanted. Well sort of....she wanted a gilt, but I managed to get her a barrow!

He is just a little bitty thing - very sweet and still cute! We literally carried him out of the auction! Thankfully, my sister in law let us put him in the back of her truck, because originally I said well he is so small we can just let him ride on our laps.....he did quite a lot of pooping, so I am very grateful that he was not in my van!




We are excited to be started on the pig project again, but we still need to get 4 more hogs. I have some options though. We just hope Mallory's little boy who she is insisting on calling Swinderella doesn't get too lonely until we can buy a few more!



I still like them when they are this size.....a few weeks from now, he will be nothing more than bacon to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment