Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh Yes, We Did!

Yes, while Jim is away at training this week, I did let the kids dress up as fairies and witches!
We have also started Saige on eating rice cereal. She seems to like it, and I really like it too since it has bought me a couple of full nights of sleep! Love rice cereal and the full belly that it creates!

We also listed our house this week. I had a hard time finding a photo of the house (its dark outside or I would go take one!). I am excited about moving to the country, it is really following through with a dream that Jim and I have had since we met. However, I would not be being totally honest if I said it is not with mixed feelings. I really love this house. We have brought home babies to this house, started school, and made countless amounts of other memories here. I actually love the neighbors too. My problem is that I want for my kids, what I had growing up! My sister-in-law has a plate in her kitchen that says "on a farm long ago, all my fondest memories grow" I think this is so true for me. So we are putting it out there. We will see what is in God's plan for our family!


And finally, YES! we did call the fire department 2 Sundays in a row! Although it is a hobby of mine to figure out a way to make things be Jim's fault, this time I have to take all the blame!

On Sunday, last week, Jim and the boys decided to burn pasture. It got out of control, and they burned up the entire back side of our land. So this week, when we came home from mass, I told Jim, gee if we were ever going to burn the front part, today would be the day. There was no wind, and since the back is already burned up, it can't really go anywhere. My Jim loves a good fire, and loaded up the car with some shovels and rakes and a couple of lighters and we were off. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Yep, I admit it! One time! We did a good job of burning up the front. Then we decided to burn the pond dam. If we had just stopped while we were ahead! The dam went wild, the fire spread onto the neighbor's side and we fought as hard as we could. In the meantime, the wind came up from the other direction. Needless to say, we got to meet our new neighbors! Luckily, he said that although he did not plan to burn his pasture this year, it really didn't bother him that it got done! We probably burned an additional 30 acres that we didn't intend to burn! Oddly, we met another neighbor when he showed up with a gallon of chocolate milk, and then stood there telling me that he didn't think we wanted the fire to go any further (yes, I needed his help!). The fire department in Overbrook really is pretty good. They did not say one single negative word to us. They put the fire out and then gave Jim a little razzing about what he would be doing next Sunday!! You have to remember that Jim works with these guys! All in all, we are DONE with pasture burning for this year!!

The fire photo above is NOT our fire - just wanted a photo for emphasis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment