Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Grateful


Today was one of those days. The kind that make me grateful when they end.
Started out at 3:30 a.m. with Madison waking me up to tell me she needed to borrow a vehicle due to hers having a flat tire. I could not go back to sleep. I had both a Watershed board and a township board meeting today.
I did have a couple of hours to spend with the kids after school. They make my day! When I drove in after the bus route, I noticed Preston was on our new burn barrel. He said he was putting it away, but decided while it was empty it was a most excellent time to polish up his barrel walking skills.




About 5 minutes after witnessing the circus act, there was a knock on the front door. It was Lance. He wanted milk I guess. Quincy had let him out (again) and he followed her everywhere like a sweet little puppy. I noticed she was still outside with him when I left for my meeting, and was sad about "forcing" him to sleep in the shed when I got back. I reminded her about what a disaster it is when a goat thinks they are a human. ;)






Honestly, I have a hard time resisting him as well. He is sweet and cute! I'm sure I will change my mind when he's a 100 + pound billy goat trying to come in the house!




Cameron had a track meet at Royal Valley. He was only participating in one event - the triple jump. He said he set a new personal record, but didn't place.




The farmers and ranchers are all burning. I truly enjoyed driving across the county this afternoon and looking at all of the fires. I also enjoyed the smoky sunset on my way home this evening. I wish I could say the rest of this week was calmer, but that is just not our reality. I am exceedingly thankful for this crazy life I lead.



No comments:

Post a Comment