Friday, April 14, 2017

Spring means.....




Babies! The chicks arrived today! Quincy and Harper used their gift cards (Thanks Grandma Chris and Grandpa Ken!) to buy a "rainbow chicken special." Basically you get various breeds. Supposedly all pullets, and standard size chickens. I think the hatchery just throws together odds and ends. The girls were so excited! We also bought 50 broilers. Quincy did not like me saying these babies looked tasty!
















Spring also seems to bring a ton of concerts and activities. Cameron qualified for nationals in FBLA. Whereas we are super proud, we got the anticipated cost of the trip. We also got the resulting fundraisers he is going to be utilizing to offset the cost. The kids above are trying to raise $7000 in about 5 weeks. They did manage to get the school board to pay their entry fees. I am sort of feeling like I should start a new job where I simply help my kids fundraise!




Cameron's concert band attended competition this week too. I have not heard how they officially did, but Cameron said he felt like they sounded great.



No comments:

Post a Comment