Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cinco de Mayo 

Some people celebrate cinco de Mayo with Mexican food and margaritas.  To me, it will always be a day that carries a little touch of sadness.  Seven years ago, my grandma's battle with cancer ended.  I know she would want us to remember the good times, and the fun we had and not be sad though.  I hope that I am living a life that would make her proud.  

Our day was packed with 4-H events and ball practices.  I took the kids down to have the goats weighed and tagged. The  goats weighed 43, 44, 33, and 28 pounds.  I had hoped they might be a little bigger since we had them a little earlier.   They must weight 50 pounds to sell at the county fair.  We have plenty of time for them to make weight though.  Watching them on leashes, I would say I know what summer activity needs to take place!  

This evening we worked at the fairboard's rodeo.  The kids sold so much food!  We made an incredible amount of money, which helps with camp fees and community service projects.   I love how our little club comes together and the kids all work so hard!  

And I might add-  I love the rodeo.  It always reminds me of the redneck good old days.  ;) the kids had a great time watching while they worked.  Not a bad way to spend a beautiful spring evening!   

No comments:

Post a Comment