Friday, May 4, 2018

Last band gig 

Tuba player extraordinaire Cameron had his final band concert this evening.  The spring concert is the one where they give out scholarships, honor the seniors, and give out awards.  It is a great, fun, but very long evening.  The band played amazing songs!  I love the band program (mentioned this before I think).  The stuff they accomplish is absolutely amazing to me.  I give a lot of my time serving on the band booster board, and every time I hear them play, or see how the kids relate to both directors, I am not sorry!   The only thing I am sorry about is that Cameron's high school  band journey is ending.  

Cameron with Mr. Quilling.  I love this teacher.  His commitment to the band program is admirable, the way he relates to the kids is amazing, the way the band performs is fabulous.  I have watched this man take squeaking disaster players and teach them to be amazing.  He will always have a place in my heart.  

And a couple of years ago, the school made a brilliant hire and got an assistant director.  Mr. Jewsome is the best of the best.  His skill and knowledge blows me away.  I don't know how many instruments he plays, but I know he makes me tear up every time I hear him on the trumpet.  SFT students are very, very lucky kids to get to work with these amazing men.  I just can't say enough good things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment