Monday, May 28, 2018

Rejuvenating 

The past two weekends were a little bit wild and crazy.  I was especially excited that our 3 day weekend did not have a ton of stuff planned.  I desperately needed a low key weekend.  I got laundry done, hung out with the kids and Jim, and played with critters.  Jim did some tree cutting and wore Ollie out!   Poor dog slept for 3 hours and didn't move at all!  

We watched some tv, and smoked some ribs. We chatted and laughed together.  We learned that our church is going back to Sunday mass. (I am happy about that).  Jim and I managed to go out for a nice dinner  (a rare treat).  We visited with Madison on the phone.  We swam and soaked in some sunshine!  Colin, Cameron and Mallory took the younger kids over to go rafting on the lake - leaving me to watch the smoker and have a couple hours of reading time.  What a wonderful gift!   The kids had fun except for Saige, who drank some lake water and was worried she would contract worms as a result.   

I am not sure who made the ball park schedule, but Quincy had a game on Memorial Day.  Maybe it was an error?   She had a great game!  She is a good softball player!  Harper took these pictures.  She did a great job I think!  

The kids were having such a good time they didn't even realize we were low key-ing it! 

I feel rejuvenated and blessed.  There are not many more relaxing weekends for the rest of summer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment