Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Play all day, play all night 

Softball and baseball seasons are going strong.  Quincy and Harper's teams both won their first games.  The squirrels were happy to be back together after not seeing each other for 3 whole days.  

Harper's team got together several weeks ago and decided to be the "pink pistols" and had ordered pink shirts and were instructed to buy pink socks.  When the shirts were delivered, they were green.  I don't know what happened, but Harper likes the brightness!  

Prestons team played this evening.  He had a great hit to right field.  Unfortunately, the fielder caught it.  He also made an amazing play in center field where he open handed a ball and threw a guy out at second.  It was a good game. I haven't had a lot of chances to watch him play.  His team is a lot of fun. 

Mallory took the kids fishing, is forcing academics (in a fun environment), they had a water balloon fight, and made homemade bubbles and play dough.  The water balloons were the highlight I think!  Next week, we will need to return our focus to our chore charts!  Colin has now been hired at a great job as a crane driver.  That CDL course is paying off!   I am told that the person he is going to work for is an amazing, talented and great man.  I hope it works out for him!  He moved home this evening, as the job is based out of this area.  When I came home and saw all the kids outside listening to music and playing with some sort of light up frisbee, my heart soared.  I am happy he is back!  Of course, I am praying for his safety on this new job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment