Friday, February 22, 2019

Last game














Preston played his final 8th grade game.  Actually, his final junior high game.  He was pretty sad about it ending.  He says he is just not ready to think about high school, because he is enjoying where he is at!  I have no doubts about his ability to adapt, and I know he will be fine, but I am thankful he likes this phase of his life.  Teenage years can be tough, and we have been lucky that mostly, our kids have avoided a lot of drama and crazy!  
Oops....got off track there.  Preston's team has had a pretty good season.  They went 5-4 (I think).  They won last night against a team that was pretty good.  They played great.  Jim was right in saying that although Preston did not score any points last night, he made a tremendous impact on the team.  He had a bunch of steals, and 5 blocked shots.  He had a ton of assists and was a general beast on defense.  It was fun to watch, and I have enjoyed the season.
I had this really awesome blogging app.  It worked great.  And then it didn't.  I cannot figure out what went wrong, and I have even tried deleting and re-installing it.  Anyway, these pictures are out of order and messy, but it sort of matches my life.  haha! 

It is sort of hard to tell what is going on in this picture, so I will explain.  The FBLA had a half time fundraiser.  Pay a dollar, and shoot a free throw.  If you make it, you win a 2 liter.  Jim was pretty sure he would make it, and said he was going to be the only one to take his shot granny style.  Well, he did indeed take a granny style shot, but he did not make it!  At least he didn't split his pants! 

I always get excited about winter sports ending, because I figure it means spring has arrived!  Remind me in a couple of weeks, when I am freezing my rump off at track meets why indoor sports are better!

No comments:

Post a Comment