Tuesday, February 12, 2019

brutal

The past few days have been crazy.  The kids missed a couple days of school due to ice and extreme cold.  We managed to get Quincy, Harper and Saige's rooms cleaned out.  Not exactly the rooms I need to be cleaning  since my sweet grandbaby is going to need a place to hang out for a while!  Speaking of my sweet grandbaby, she is growing and doing so good at home!  She had a doctor appointment, and not only gained weight, but got her first shots!  
The other babies (puppies) are doing great as well.  Blitz is a great momma dog!  I am just as attached as the kids, and am starting to wonder if we can't just keep them all!   Just kidding of course, but they sure are cute!



This weekend, we started model meeting practices.  Most of the kids are the same ones who participated last year, and we are using the same basic meeting script, so it actually went fairly smoothly.  Maybe I am a terrible leader, but I don't care as much about perfection as I do about the willingness to try.  These kids are trying hard and I admire them for it.

Growing up, my dad used to grumble about how many days we had class parties.  We celebrated all of the basics.  I should ask him how he feels about the 100th day of school parties that they celebrate now.  I do not know when this became a thing, but 100th day of school is a huge deal in grade school.  I would like to thank all the teachers who made necklaces out of 100 fruit loops and sent their students on the bus.  Saige's class made glasses, necklaces, did 100 jumping jacks, and various other activities.  She came home and insisted we needed brownies for the completion of the celebration.  Who can resist that?

Madison and Andrew are keeping this gray pup.  They named him Dex.  The girls have decided that since they will get to watch him grow up, they will just spoil him rotten.  He is very cute!

The girls had a cooking meeting this weekend.  They learned to make quick breads, including some Amish Friendship bread.  They liked it so much, Quincy came home and made another loaf.  I am impressed with the stuff they are learning!

Madison and Andrew send us photos of Evie in exchange for photos of their puppy  It is a good exchange.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment