Wednesday, February 27, 2019

scholars and homecomers


Preston tried out for and successfully made the 8th grade scholar's bowl team.  His first meet was also the league meet, and was held last night in Wellsville.  I volunteered for bus duty, so that I could go watch.  I really enjoy watching quiz bowl.  Does it make me a nerd?  Probably, but we have already long established that anyway.  The stuff that these kids know is truly impressive.  The math that they work out, is incredible, and the fact that they do the practicing and learning voluntarily is amazing to me.  I like it a lot!  Plus they are good kids who are fun to hang around with, so that is also a bonus.





Preston's team took 3rd in the league.  It was a tough competition, and they only lost by a couple of points.  The season is short, but these kids have big plans for doing better next time!
After the quiz bowl meet, we went home and anxiously awaited the arrival of Madison, Andrew, Jim and Evelyn.  Jim made it home from driving the uhaul and towing Madison's car around 8:45.  The rest got in around 9:30.  We were so happy that everyone made it home safely.  I am glad to have my kids all back in Kansas!  I was also so thrilled to be able to hold my granddaughter for the first time!  She is an absolute angel!  Everyone in our house is over the top happy to finally meet her, hold her and see her sweet face!  



Babies really are God's greatest blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment