Monday, February 4, 2019

Super bowl weekend

We had a weekend without much to run off to.  Which translated into trying to get some stuff finished around the house.  I might also mentioned we failed.  We did get Dufensmurtz moved down into the barn with the other baby goats.  When we feed her, she tries to follow us back to the house, so we have to put her over the barn partition wall, and then sneak away.  She is doing good though, and the other goats are letting her sleep with them.  I went down to do her 11:00 pm bottle Saturday night, and was watching her over the wall to make sure the others let her sleep with them.  The coyotes were so close!  I know coyotes don't hurt people, but their howling still makes my skin crawl!  I will be happy when she can be cut down to 3 bottles a day!
Jim had something like 5 water line breaks last week.  It was crazy!  He ended up having to work Saturday while they were fixing them.  Fingers crossed that there won't be any more!

Preston won the 8th grade spelling bee, and represented his class.  He did not win the school bee however.  He said he only participated to get out of class.  I guess he is not going to be on TV or anything, but at least he is honest!

We worked on trying to clean up the house, and the yard this weekend.  It was beautiful weather.  We did not get as much done as we should have.  For some reason, I could not stay on task, and could not get the kids motivated at all.  I think they were enjoying the weather too much!  We are running out of time to get things situated before Madison, Andrew and Evelyn come to stay with us for a while.  I am so excited to get my hands on this baby!  She misses me....I am sure of it!  We did get to face time with them yesterday, and she is doing remarkable!  We are excited that Andrew found a good job in Topeka!  Things are coming together!  The baby weighs 5 pounds now!  And she is so close to taking all of her feeds by mouth! 



We also enjoyed the Super Bowl.  Well, we enjoyed the snack for dinner tradition anyway!  I think the game itself left a lot to be desired, and I didn't notice too many of the commercials being very funny.  Jim and I let the kids each pick a snack for dinner.  I was impressed with their choices.  I am always amazed by how fast the weekend disappears.  I think the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment