Saturday, February 23, 2019

club day

Today was county club day for 4-H.  Our kids did a model meeting.  
They missed a lot of practice due to the weather, and when we did have practice, it was pretty much a fiasco.  I did not have a good feeling going into today.  Even the half hour before we went before the judge, they were pretty uncomfortable with their lines and parts.  Then we went into the room with the judge.  The judge happened to be my old junior high math teacher!  I know he is a person who loves 4-H, but also loves order, and things being done correctly.  
The kids acted like little professionals.  It was like it was a totally different group!  I sat in the back with my mouth hanging open with shock!   They took top purple.  I am still in shock. 


Regional club day (and a lot more practicing) here we come!  I am pretty proud of them for their performance....but more importantly they are learning some parliamentary procedure, and that is a life long skill that will serve them forever.

Daddy is leaving tomorrow to head to Arizona.  All trips need a good luck picture right?  I love how this kid is always thinking, and taking care of everyone.  Making us all gifts,  making sure we know about the insignificant holidays (and imaginary ones).  She is amazing.


I got this from Cameron.  It cracks me up that they purposefully dress alike.  When they were little, had I suggested them dressing like this, they would have thrown fits!  And the fanny packs?  I got nothing on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment