Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day - a day for love, and romance.  Unless you live in a world with children....then it is a day of insanity.  Seriously, I did not even see my "valentine" yesterday!  Luckily, my husband and I do not have our feelings hurt easily, and are adaptable, so we had a "romantic" lunch on Wednesday - at the local bar!  In all honesty, the local bar is one of my favorite places to eat, so it was nice!  This is Jim's crazy week.  Once a month he has a week of meetings.  Whenever that week falls, I can guarantee the kids will have a week of an insane amount of  activities.  Wednesday night, Preston had a meeting for his CWF trip, we had RE, there was an enrollment night for the incoming freshman class, and Jim had city council.  Add in that Harper was supposed to be the treat person for her Valentine's Day class party, and for the first time in my life, I went to Wal-Mart bakery and purchased pre-made cupcakes.  Don't tell Madison!  I am also thankful the Mallory has her Virtus training, and was willing to cover my RE class for me.  They made these cute little hedge hog valentines.  I think they turned out amazing!


Last night, for Valentine's Day, I drove jr high boys to Burlington to play basketball, and Jim had city court!  We are the most romantic couple on the planet!  Preston's team got slaughtered, and I was super happy that I was getting paid to watch!  Preston shrugged and said he had no idea what happened, but didn't really wish to talk about it!  If they had a million dollars, they wouldn't have been able to buy a bucket last night.  It was pretty brutal.




These 2 girls had a great time at their class Valentine's day parties!  Harper said the class loved her cupcakes!  She was happy, which makes me happy!  They were also pretty pumped because they got homemade Valentine's day cookies from grandma.  It is a good thing grandma covered the baking for them!  There is no school today, so they got to stay up late eating their cookies and hanging out chatting about their parties!  Jim and I may not be the most romantic people alive, but we certainly are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment