Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day

As fathers go, we have been very blessed.  My dad and Jim's dad have both taught us what it is to work for the things you want in life.  Growing up, I remember struggling to understand why my dad was sometimes hard on us, but in my adult life, I am so very thankful that he was.  Life isn't easy.  I was well prepared, and I appreciate it immensely now.  

My kid's dad (my Jim) is also hard on them sometimes.  He has expectations of them being polite, hard working, caring, respectful people.  I appreciate him for helping me install those qualities in our kids.  He is a good combination of that and goofy I think.  I could carry on for days about his good qualities, but the thing I love the most about Jim is that he is always supportive, even when he thinks you are crazy.  Here are some examples I have thrown at him in the past few years:
-Let's sell the house we have almost paid off, and buy a place in the country!
-Let's get some goats!
-Let's get a dog!
-Let's get a second dog!
-I am at Tractor supply getting feed for the above mentioned animals  -- can we get some ducks?
- Hey honey!  I  bought some pot belly pigs!
- These kittens just somehow ended up in the van!
- I decided to get a bus driver's license! 
-Surprise!  You are a grandpa!
-Hey - we need someone to drive a moving van pulling a car to Kansas from Arizona.
Not an inclusive list, but the man in unshakeable.  Anything the kids or I need, he is there.  He may be biting his tongue, and shaking his head, but he is there.  I am lucky to journey through life with him, and the kids are lucky to have him as their dad.  
It has been a really busy week, with a lot of base/softball games.  The kids are having a fun season, and their teams are all doing pretty good.  I think having today to celebrate dads is great, as it gave us a much needed break!

No comments:

Post a Comment