Thursday, June 27, 2019

ball pics



Last night, Quincy was asked if she wanted to run the score board.  She said "no, I have to take pictures of Harper while she plays ball, so I can't."  It was a flimsy excuse at best.  She did take these pictures.  They aren't too bad.  I got a kick out of her coaching Harper from the bleachers though.  Quincy has put in quite a bit of time helping Harper with her pitching at home.  Harper does pretty good with it.  She had quite a few strike outs last night.  Harper likes playing, but sometimes it is hard to tell because she is very hard on herself.  









Preston is having a pretty fun season.  His coach's wife sent me these photos.  He does such a good job of playing where they need him to play, and seems to be pretty good at several spots on the field.  He actually really likes playing 3rd though.  



I think he took his eye off the ball here?  :)

I really like these pictures.  It cracks me up how Preston looks so much like Colin when he plays ball.  He moves like Colin, he is built like Colin and it is a little like having a flashback watching him play.  I mentioned it to Jim, and halfway through the evening, I got a text from Jim saying he thought I was correct!  I have to document these things!  

I guess he thought the pitch was a little bit inside? 



This is not the best, most skilled team that Preston (#10) has ever been a part of.  They don't win every game.  They don't really win much at all.  But Preston is having a really good time.  He has some good friends playing, and has met a couple of kids who are homeschooled who he really likes too.  That is why we do this.  Jim often talks about how much playing ball meant to him as a kid.  He busts his butt helping with the Park and Rec commission, he has spent countless hours working on equipment and fields, and used our personal vehicle to go pick up stuff for the parks.  It makes me proud of the time he puts in when I see our kids making new friends, making memories, and having a great time playing.  I have not been home since school got out.  I sometimes get caught up in wishing we had an evening free.  But I also know that the time will come when we won't have kids to run, and so I am trying hard to enjoy these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment