Wednesday, June 5, 2019

signs of summer

Monday  night, Harper had a game at home, Preston had a double header in Carbondale and it was 4-H night.  We watched the first part of Preston's first game, ran to the meeting, and came back in time to watch Preston's second game.  Jim was on Harper duty.  Saige and I were sad to learn that Preston had made several really good plays while we were gone.  We were not sad that we also missed the rain delay though!


Saige was on a "blue" kick.  She had a blue popsicle, blue Gatorade, and a bucket of blue cotton candy.  I told her that her lips matched her eyes!  She may or may not be allowed to go to the concession stand without a supervisor in the future!  :)   

After the rain moved though, it got pretty chilly at the game.  Saige ended up sitting in the van.  I was happy when this one ended.  Preston did get to pitch in the second game.  He has not really pitched that often, so I was surprised.  He did a great job!  They ended up winning both games.  We are enjoying ball park evenings!




Strangely, we had no games last night.  Or I forgot something.  The girls asked if I would take them over to Lone Star Lake.  It is the only lake in the area that is open right now I think.  I told them if they got their chores done, I would take them over.  That was absolutely the fastest chore time ever!  








They enjoyed getting to swim finally.  The city pool has had some issues, and isn't open yet.  Dad has been nagged to death about it.  He promises it is close, and will open this week.  I hope he is right because I bought a pool pass, and these 3 water babies are more than ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment