Sunday, December 8, 2019

Cameron is 20!









Cameron had to work yesterday during Evie’s party, so he said he would come home today.  I told him I would make his birthday dinner if he made the trip.  He and Lauren decided that would be a fun afternoon so they came over for dinner.  Cameron’s dinner request- roast beef sandwiches.   He is 20....this is year 19 for that request I think.   
I was very happy to get to see him on his birthday!  He is so busy doing big kid stuff that our visits seem to be not as frequent as I would prefer!   He is good about face timing though.   I am so very proud of him. He always has a story, always makes me laugh, and is challenging himself and doing amazingly well!  Love you Cameron!  (Was great to see Lauren as well!). 

We also decided today was Christmas tree decorating day.  The tree and Nativity are up, but that is about as much decorating as we got accomplished today!   I don’t know how much more we will do.....just the tree with the cats, dogs, kids, babies and a parrot seems like enough for this year.   


And the dryer saga came to an end.  I don’t know if I actually remember the last time we had a working dryer in the house. I was a complete snot about what I was getting, and I am happy that we finally got it.   I wanted a speed queen.  I had decided (after a lot of research) that i wouldn’t even consider any other dryer.   The life expectancy is 20-25 years.  The last 4 dryers combined didn’t last that long.  I am tired of buying crap that doesn’t last.  I am tired of the manufacturers charging you exorbitant amounts of money for stuff they won’t even guarantee past 18 months.  Speed queen comes with a 10 year warranty!   They are manufactured in Nebraska.  They have replaceable parts.  I was enamored.  Except there are not a lot of places that stock them.  And if you can find them, they won’t be a gas dryer.  We had a ridiculous journey to get this dryer.  Literally 3 months without a dryer.   I don’t mind hanging clothes out, but they don’t dry easily this time of the year!   Thank you to my dad, who explained how to convert it to propane, and to Jim, Andrew and Preston for getting me unloaded, converted and drying again.  I hope we never have to do this again!  Happy to report that every last bit of the laundry got done this weekend!  Sometimes the little things really do make a person happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment