Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Evelyn is officially 1!




My sweet granddaughter officially turned 1 on Tuesday.   I am overwhelmed by how fast the first year of her little life went by.  I guess I should know by now how this works. But for real wham!  Here we are.  Evie has been sick.  Although she isn’t running as high of a fever, she still isn’t back to her happy, sweet, easy going self.   Hopefully she will feel better soon! 

I remember the day they called and surprised me with the news of her unexpected birth as if it was 5 minutes ago.  I also remember when I told Jim I didn’t know how I could have a grandkid and not go see her.  His response “book a ticket Hope and go, I’ll hold down the fort here” meant the world to me.  I remember walking into the NICU and looking down at this tiny, fragile, tube covered baby girl and falling madly in love with her!  I remember calling Jim and telling him how beautiful she was, and that her head was the size of an orange!  I remember sending Jim no less than 12,000 photographs and crying like a crazy person when I had to leave.   I remember the calls, prayers, and the waiting to bring her back to Kansas.  I will never forget, and I will be forever filled with gratitude that our prayers were answered.   I couldn’t be prouder of the progress she has made, or of the job her parents are doing with her.  I don’t know how we could have gotten so lucky, but I am thankful and blessed!  Happy birthday sweet Evelyn!  We love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment