Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas break project







When we bought this house 5 years ago, I loved the house, loved the space, loved the lay out.  And hated a lot about the former owner’s decorating.   I figured it was just a little bit of labor and some weekend projects and then we would have it looking more like our own.   One of the things I hated the most was the hunting lodge motif basement.   One wall full of life size ducks and deer, fake cammo sponge painted on the other walls.   And some fishing border to complete the hideousness.  As much as I hated it,  I still took 5 years to get rid of it.  It was in the basement after all, a space that the kids hang out, but aside from the laundry, and an occasional storm warning,  I generally don’t.  Jim and I bought the paint several weeks ago.  I was planning to work on it over Thanksgiving.  That never happened.  
When everyone left after Christmas was over and I was a little sad over it, I decided that it was time.    Preston agreed to help me move furniture, but refused to tear down the wallpaper because he said he loved it.  We all know he has no design skills.   

Harper was all in to help!   She was amazingly helpful as a matter of fact!  We slayed the wallpaper.    We started the painting, a nice KSU theme, complete with zero wallpaper!   We still have to paint the hallway down there, and a little bit of trim,  but the living room is done.  Mallory came over and helped me roll while I trimmed edges.  It went really fast.  It feels pretty and I think doing laundry will be a lot more fun now - you know....without the deer staring at me while I fold!  

I do love a good project!   I have a lot more in mind!   Jim will be so excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment