Monday, December 2, 2019

A nice break

I was very excited to have a few days off from activities, work, and the craziness.  I took Friday off work, and proclaimed that I was not leaving the house!  I did not realize that not leaving the house is all but impossible, but I came close!  Saige took me at my word, she loaded up on library books, and planned ahead for wonderful, quiet, peaceful days.  What I did not plan for, was having a few extra kids at my house.  Preston decided to invite a few friends over.  One of the reasons?  He lost a bet....the bet he lost allowed his friend Theron to give him a hair cut.  Theron was being really nice about it, and even tried hard to give him a decent looking cut.  Of course, boys being boys, there was a lot of punching and threat throwing going on in there.  I walked away.  It is only hair after all....this too shall pass!  haha!  When I worked as a hairdresser, I had a guy who used to come in at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning who always told me "the only difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is 2 weeks!"  I certainly hope that Preston will let me "fix" it eventually, but for now, he is proudly wearing his Theron-do.  

These boys have literally grown up together.  Most of them have older brothers, and Preston's group have been playing together since they were in diapers.  They are good kids.  Polite, nice, easy going boys.  Preston is lucky to have them!



Saige spent the night with her friend Lylah (and Ava) on Friday also.  They had crafts, makeovers, and saw Frozen 2 for Lylah's birthday.  She came home exhausted and happy.  

Evie had fun at Uncle Jake's wedding, and was greeted by a bunch of super to have her back people!  I am glad they are back!  I missed them all!  

Saturday, I did manage to never leave the house.  Small miracle!  We hung out all the laundry (because the dryer saga still continues), and got everything put away from Thanksgiving.  Jim went to the KSU game with Colin, Cameron, Spencer, Garrett, and Mrs. Craft.  It was cold but fun they said!  Quincy spent the night with Landrie, Preston played in an alumni basketball scrimmage, and that left me home alone with Saige and Harper.  We made elephant ears, watched some TV, and got all the laundry folded.  It was dreamy!


On Sunday, we had the 4-H Christmas party.  They had an ugly sweater contest.  Harper does not own an ugly Christmas sweater, so we had to make her one.  She was happy, but did not beat the kid who wore a 3 piece ugly Christmas suit!  



The party was a lot of fun and the kids were happy with the gifts they got at the gift exchange! I am happy because it got one thing knocked off our to-do list early!

I was sad to see the break end, but Harper told me that there are 18 days until Christmas break, so I guess there is that!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment