Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter














With the Coronavirus stay home orders, and churches closed, this Easter was definitely not the traditional Easter for our family.  Colin and Cameron were both afraid to come home.  I wanted them to come anyway.   With them both working jobs where they are constantly mindful of exposure to the virus, they both told me no.  Colin had to work, and had dinner with Spencer. Cameron spent the day with Lauren.  They have been together anyway, so the germ risk factor was already there.  Cameron and Lauren snuck home in the middle of the night and left eggs all over the yard  for the kids.  Cameron said Colin footed part of the bill. Their entire lives, we have been at grandma’s for Easter, and had a giant egg hunt, complete with a golden egg (grandma’s way of getting the big kids to participate).   Golden eggs usually contain a cash prize.  Cameron’s golden egg contained photos of Cameron!   We later learned there was a cash egg as well, and had to go search more!   This was about the sweetest gesture my big boys have ever done.  Trying to make Easter special despite not being together this year.  Such good big brothers.  

Madison and Mallory have been here and around us since the outbreak, so they did come for Easter dinner.   The kids helped me get the house cleaned, eggs stuffed for a hunt with Evie, and a ham dinner cooked up.   It was not the Easter any of us wanted, but I am thankful for having a little time with these people.  


Several weeks ago, Mallory bought her and the girls dresses so they could go to Easter mass in matching outfits.  We didn’t get to attend mass this year, but they wore the dresses anyway.   This morning, Quincy said “mom, you know how every week you drag us to church and we always sort of whine about it?  Well now that we can’t go, I actually miss it.”   I count that as a parenting win.  I miss it too kid.  I really do.  Live streaming mass is just not the same.  


I missed having everyone together.  I hope we can do something for Mother’s Day instead.  I pray this virus is contained soon.  As much as  I love being home, I miss my boys, and I miss our chaos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment