Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday fun
















We had a very, very bad kidding season this winter.  We lost half the kids that were born.  Some of which we worked very hard to save, they would be starting to do better only to find them dead several hours or days later.  It was sad, depressing and disheartening.  We have 3 of our own kids.  We need 4 in order for all of the kids who are enrolled in 4-H to have some goat to show this summer.  We hope there will be shows and fairs this summer!  I have been looking for some affordable but decent goats.  I needed one more and I wanted a spare just in case.  I was unwilling to spend much money, on the off chance that we are still being quarantined and fairs get cancelled.  I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a project we couldn’t even use.  Wednesday, I found just what I was looking for.  Except they were in Kingman.   I started looking at the map and realized that Kingman isn’t too far from Wichita.  So I hatched a little plan to drive the kids down, pick up the goats and run by and see Colin for a little while.  Except when I ran the plan by Colin, he said he was on a 4 day weekend and was really bored.  Spencer is working this weekend, and with the stay home rules he was looking for something to do.  He volunteered to deliver the goats, and then spend the night with us.  It was pretty cold today, I was sort of worried about these poor little goats.  But they made it just fine!   Spencer named them for us - Brownie and Oreo!  Oreo is still on a bottle but we will be weaning soon!   They are adorable and are just what we needed!   And it is amazing to see Colin too!  

Jim’s Uncle Ray sent us a box of paper airplanes.  He also sent a grand prize for the winner of a plane flying contest.   Cameron wasn’t home, so we had to throw his plane for him.  There was no wind tonight so we finally flew the planes.  Mallory was declared the winner.   

Some might think there needs to be a rematch.  All rules that Uncle Ray wrote out were followed!  
Madison and Andrew went grocery shopping.  I watched Evie while they were gone.  They brought home dinner for everyone and we had a nice time visiting.  We missed Cameron, Spencer and Lauren.  I hope we can all be together soon.  I know it is probably frowned upon for Colin to come hang out, but there will never be a day when my kids aren’t welcome to come visit. Virus or not.  

After dinner, Madison and I hung out with Evie and the rest of the gang went fishing in the neighbor’s pond.  They caught (and threw back) a lot!  


It was just the kind of Friday that we all needed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment