Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A little bit of stuff












The Douglas county fair is going on currently.  Sort of.  There is no public allowed on the grounds.  There are no carnivals, booths smoking pork burgers, no cotton candy, no snow cones none of the good stuff.  It is sad but necessary. Generally we take a day and go watch my niece and nephews show their stuff.  But we aren’t able to do that.  They are live streaming the shows though.  So I sat at my office and ran the pig show in the background. When they called for Clayton, I tuned in.  I admit that it wasn’t as much fun as being there, but at least we could watch him!   His pigs both got blue ribbons.  I will also admit that I got a little bit busy watching the pig show, and wasn’t paying as much attention to a certain toddler as I should have been.  I looked up and saw she was eating her ball.  Big huge bites of foam.  When I got onto her, it made her very, very sad.  I decided she can do whatever she wants. (Just kidding....kinda).  

The live stream worked pretty well.  I hope I will have time to watch Gavin and Emma-Kate on Friday.  

Quincy spent the night with Landrie.  I told her I would come over after Evelyn went home around 2.   When I got there, these girls were nowhere to be found.  I started to drive down the road toward home, a little disgruntled because she obviously ignored my directions.  I found them. In the creek.  Looking for minnows and covered in dirt.  They had gone down there at 11 and lost all track of time.  I had been pretty upset, but they are hard to stay mad at.   They didn’t have their phones, they were enjoying nature, they were enjoying being together in the fresh air, had walked several miles and gone fishing and wading.  Having a good old time.  I’m actually happy they have each other.  I also love that my kids like being outside and aren’t always attached to some sort of screen.  

We hadn’t been home long after locating Quincy when a big rain came rolling in.   Blitz is terrified of storms.  I feel bad letting her in and not Ollie, so they were both inside.  Ollie was not too happy that i made him lay down and not play with Frankie.  I don’t know if he would eat the bird, but I certainly don’t trust him.  We got so, so much rain today.  I don’t have a rain gauge, but I’d guess a couple inches at least.  The kids wanted to go see if the low water bridge was flowing over.  When we got there, the water was littered with a bunch of trash.  The kids were ticked.  Upon closer inspection, we realized it was not trash, but several big, dead catfish.  I’m guessing they got trapped in a pool and ran out of oxygen. The kids were sad, and disappointed that they didn’t catch them before they died!  

After our evening of sight seeing, we had to run to town to get a bag of cat food for the hedgehog.  There was even more rain, and a beautiful rainbow.  Rainbow pictures courtesy of Saige.  
We took too long and Carlos had an accident on Harper.  Of course we all blamed Saige, because when the storm was rolling in, I was cooking dinner and asked Saige to take the dog out to potty before the storm got here.  She picked up the dog, opened the door, and then said “ummm naaa I’d rather clean his poop than go out in that storm!”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment